I don’t know what happened, was it the moon? Something in the water? It’s a great and wonderous mystery to me but I’ll take it because it made my week a delight!
Hubs and I picked up Popeyes for lunch last Friday as our Valentine’s present to one another and while the bag felt extra heavy, I thought nothing of it. It was probably Hub’s gigantic 4 piece meal.
Nope! I’d asked for a three piece tenders meal and received this instead:
Six pieces in total! Woot woot! Plus, a ton of smaller bits and bobs that probably added up to make 2 more pieces. Chicken tender jackpot, ha! I ended up saving the extra for lunch the next day. What a treat!
A few days later we went to Tim Horton’s to grab a coffee and Hubs asked for my usual – large mocha- and this is what they gifted me instead:
An extra large mocha, ha!
It was well made too, more chocolate than coffee. Just how I like it. I felt a bit ridiculous drinking that giant thing but I managed just fine.
How we met- He was a regular at the restaurant I worked at. I never got his order right because he always asked for onion rings instead of fries and specified “no tomato”. Who does that!? We still argue about that to this day, heh.
First date – We met up at the local skeevey bar and I was the aggressor. He was on my “list” and I was checking him off.
Age difference – One year, nine months and twenty one days. I’m the younger.
Funniest – We both have our moments. I could not live a life without laughter.
Loudest – Generally…me. But Hubs has the “Dad voice” that I just don’t have.
Most stubborn – We’re pretty even in this regard…thankfully, ha ha.
Falls asleep first – Me, because I go to bed at old lady time. Hubs, if we go to bed together… unfortunately… because then he snores and I have to listen to it!
Cooks better – Moi! But Hubs pays more attention to the fine details when he cooks so his food is prettier.
Most social – Meeeeeee! Not that I’m overly social. Hubs is pretty anti- social. Not that I blame him. I’m getting there.
Better morning person – Moi! I wake up early, even when I don’t have to. I cannot stand laying about in bed.
Best driver – Hubs. He is a professional after all…
Best dancer – Me but I’m not a dancer. Unless copious amounts of alcohol are consumed.
Best singer – Meeeeee. I’ve lost a tone in my left ear now though so that may not hold true!
His secret talent – Attention to fine detail. Persevering with fiddley projects that I’d have given up on long before.
My secret talent – Able to defuse tense situations intuitively/easily with humour and/or empathy.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Play along in the comments, if you are so inclined! ❤
I live in between two pretty decent sets of neighbours.
If you read my neighbour post last year for the A-Z Challenge you’d know this is a truly rare gift.
What makes these people great?
We all seem well matched in temperament, personality styles, communication and what it means to be respectful.
This is magic enough but in the Winter time something extra, extra happens:
By some unspoken agreement, we seem to have decided that whoever gets out there first, shovels the sidewalks. Sometimes its me or the Hubs, sometimes its the young couple, sometimes its the family next door.
Not a Winter day has gone by without one of us, shoveling the other walks along with our own.
No thanks are spoken, no mention is made. It’s our actions that are speaking loud and clear ❤
You know, those silly little things that only you find amusing. Those moments in life that give you a good giggle whenever they cross your mind.
Here are a few of mine:
The time I got stuck in a bean bag chair and had to work way too hard to roll myself over to an edge so I could get out, laughing my butt off the whole time.
Can you imagine trying to get out of this bad boy?!
The time I signed a birthday card for someone at work – Happy Birthday- Lael- and the people who signed the card after me starting signing it – Happy Birthday Lael! – Haa Haaa Haaa.
The time I laughed and felt my belly jiggle like a bowl full of jelly which made me laugh again sending me into an endless loop of laughing until I finally held myself still enough so my belly would settle down.
The time I rolled over in bed and found that my butt had eaten the sheets, ha!
Your turn! Do you have any inside jokes with yourself? Tell us in the comments! ❤
Since it’s February and everyone is going on about love. And since I’m a rebel and since I believe there is more to life/love than romantic love. And since I believe other kinds of love are even superior to romantic love, I bring you:
Love to Love, my theme for the month, where I’ll be sharing some of my loves, with gratitude and appreciation and of course, encouraging you to do the same.
I figure if I’m going to be assaulted by red hearts and roses everywhere in turn, I’m going to assault right back with my better version.
This is my 20 something year old daughter who in her own right is a damn fine human being. She’s loving and sensitive and kind. She’s always fiercely loyal and fiercely brave, once standing up for her older brother to an adult when she was 5 years old.
This girl taught me about love and kindness. Seriously. I learned it first through her. She is generous of spirit and I feel blessed to know her. I cant believe she’s my girl! It astounds me daily.
I’m thinking about her today because this kid recently paid me the highest compliment, two actually. 1. She says I can homeschool her kids if I want. (Guess I didn’t screw THAT up too badly, ha ha) 2. She’s offered me up to her friend in need for a Mum talk, because her friend needs a Mum right now and doesn’t have access to hers and I’m ” really good at those loving, supportive talks “
Melt my heart!
Of course I’m flattered and heartened by her words but more than that, she always seems to know exactly what a person needs and then she gives them that. I’m not an Angel person but if I were, I wouldn’t hesitate to say that this girl is a real life one.
I don’t know where she got it from. It seems to have come up through her from somewhere. I think it must be magic.
3. Racing the volatile June weather. Sometimes I make it home in time…sometimes I don’t!
4. Drying all my herbs and roots!
5. Spring flowers!
6. Making friends with wild Ravens:
7. Sitting comfortably outside to read my books, watch the sky or just be.
8. When everybody gets along and the general energy amongst all is good cheer.
9. Gigantic salads for dinner. This one HERE, was particularly good. Mind you I didn’t bother with slicing the lettuce into a slab- I chopped it up because who wants to fuss eating a salad with a freaking knife and fork!?- and the recipes says peaches but if you look at the recipes their very own photo shows nectarines… I used nectarines too!
10. Dorky hats. I didn’t buy this super cool fishing hat because I have a million floppy hats but still…floppy hats are just fun!
11. Getting good mail. Packages, surprise cheques, letters or cool catalogues.
12. Feeling the very wet underside of my little dog as she jumps all over me, after she’s been outside in the rain.
13. Having an animated chat with my daughter on the phone.
14. Funny texts from my son that tell me he’s come back to me. It seems I have my boy back. Not the drug addicted human but the boy I know and love.
15. My first moto ride of the season even if it was two hours TOO long and my body hurt for days, ha ha.
16. Hoop earrings I can close with a simple and satisfying click.
17. That compact feeling you get when you’ve been consistent with your core exercises and good posture.
18. Cat frog legs and toe beans!
19. The sun shining in my eyes at 930 PM (!!!!) forcing me to put my sunglasses on to read in my house, ha ha. I adore these nights leading to to Solstice. I stay up so late because I’m just not tired at my usual time with the sun still blaring away at me. This year I’m giving myself over to it. I’m letting myself fall into step with the cycles of the earth.
20. SOLSTICE!!! 95 days of Summer( here in the Northern hemisphere. )Well, technically sure. But in actuality…after these first few days these Summer days start getting shorter and the weather starts making it’s turn toward Autumn. Enjoy the sun and the warmer days while you still can. I don’t think I’ve worn shoes in weeks, ha ha, even with the rain. Do I sound negative? Not my intention! I’m trying to remind myself of the impermanence of all things and that I need to make the most of Summer while it’s here. Maybe that will help me come Autumn. Fingers crossed!
OK, now it’s your turn. Tell me, what are some of the little things you love?