3. Racing the volatile June weather. Sometimes I make it home in time…sometimes I don’t!
4. Drying all my herbs and roots!
5. Spring flowers!
6. Making friends with wild Ravens:
7. Sitting comfortably outside to read my books, watch the sky or just be.
8. When everybody gets along and the general energy amongst all is good cheer.
9. Gigantic salads for dinner. This one HERE, was particularly good. Mind you I didn’t bother with slicing the lettuce into a slab- I chopped it up because who wants to fuss eating a salad with a freaking knife and fork!?- and the recipes says peaches but if you look at the recipes their very own photo shows nectarines… I used nectarines too!
10. Dorky hats. I didn’t buy this super cool fishing hat because I have a million floppy hats but still…floppy hats are just fun!
11. Getting good mail. Packages, surprise cheques, letters or cool catalogues.
12. Feeling the very wet underside of my little dog as she jumps all over me, after she’s been outside in the rain.
13. Having an animated chat with my daughter on the phone.
14. Funny texts from my son that tell me he’s come back to me. It seems I have my boy back. Not the drug addicted human but the boy I know and love.
15. My first moto ride of the season even if it was two hours TOO long and my body hurt for days, ha ha.
16. Hoop earrings I can close with a simple and satisfying click.
17. That compact feeling you get when you’ve been consistent with your core exercises and good posture.
18. Cat frog legs and toe beans!
19. The sun shining in my eyes at 930 PM (!!!!) forcing me to put my sunglasses on to read in my house, ha ha. I adore these nights leading to to Solstice. I stay up so late because I’m just not tired at my usual time with the sun still blaring away at me. This year I’m giving myself over to it. I’m letting myself fall into step with the cycles of the earth.
20. SOLSTICE!!! 95 days of Summer( here in the Northern hemisphere. )Well, technically sure. But in actuality…after these first few days these Summer days start getting shorter and the weather starts making it’s turn toward Autumn. Enjoy the sun and the warmer days while you still can. I don’t think I’ve worn shoes in weeks, ha ha, even with the rain. Do I sound negative? Not my intention! I’m trying to remind myself of the impermanence of all things and that I need to make the most of Summer while it’s here. Maybe that will help me come Autumn. Fingers crossed!
OK, now it’s your turn. Tell me, what are some of the little things you love?
This task was easier than I thought. Perhaps my previous clean up successes paved the way for positivity. I reeeeeally thought this job would be harder because I loooove my little keepsakes! ‘Twas super simple and satisfying though, woot, woot!
Bedside altar, phone “booth” luck and prosperity niche and glass case ‘o crap…
I was pretty ruthless. I only kept the things I really love and am enjoying now. Having said that, out of these items I have FAVOURITE favourites too.
The little owl my son made me, my Dalai Lama photo and my rocks.
Wow, hey? That surprised me. Something tells me I’ll be doing this whole process again and again and again.
And I think that’s just it. Death cleaning doesn’t have to be one big purge in your late 60s. You can do it, again and again as you move toward death. It’s not really any different than the developmental stages of aging where one sheds their inner nonsense as they grow older and wiser…one can shed their outer nonsense too!
I’ve cleaned three areas thus far and am finding the process to be a good one. I’m impatient to get on with it, because there are other things I can be doing and learning from but I keep telling myself that this is important too. I don’t want my kids or husband to have to deal with piles of stuff when I die. That’s not fair to them. So onward I march! Err…clean.
Up next in our series, my art room. A hot mess of another kind. This one is giving me heart palpitations…
Boston Pizza had an event on the 14th, for Valentine’s Day. Buy any small or medium pizza ( heart shaped or not ) and one dollar from each pizza would be donated to a local children’s charity.
I like pizza. I like excuses to go out for lunch in the middle of the week. I like celebrating love with my Hubby. I like money going to kids.
We ordered the Viva Italia. The description from their website:
Arrabbiata pizza sauce, pizza mozzarella, Genoa salami, chopped bacon, spicy Italian sausage, roasted red peppers, banana peppers, goat cheese, freshly grated Parmesan and a pesto drizzle.
What we got:
How did it taste?
Damn good! Even with that slightly dark crust.
I’m not a huge Boston Pizza fan. I find the food to be … pretty basic. There is nothing wrong with it, it’s just me. Having said that, I do have a favourite go to whenever the Hubs wants to eat there – Jambalaya Fettucine- and whenever I order it, it is consistently good. That is HUGE for me. So right away the place gets props for that.
This pizza brings my list from one to two. It was amazing! Lots of ingredients, spread evenly over the crust. The overall taste was salty-in a good way-briny, creamy, spicy, and savoury. Not one ingredient overpowered the other. Each one was distinct and everything worked so well together. I even liked the pesto drizzle. I HATE pesto but it was a STAR on this pie. I would order this again. Hell, I’m craving more now!
We didnt eat the whole pie-I wanted to!- because we were saving room for dessert! One dollar from each sale of their Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake goes to a local children’s charity, too. From their site:
Dark chocolate sponge cake layered with milk chocolate and white chocolate mousse, topped with whipped cream and a chocolate coin.
The verdict. Good if not plain. There was nothing wrong with it and nothing overly spectacular either. That didn’t stop me from stuffing my face 🙂
Our service was fast, friendly and efficient. The food was good. It was a great way to spend the lunch hour, that’s for sure.
And because it was Valentine’s Day, I bring you this:
One neatly folded napkin -my husband. And one crumpled messy one-mine.
This makes me laugh because a. my Hubs pointed it out to me, which means he’s gathering insight which is unusual for him. b. this is a direct view inside each of our brains-him neat and organized, me- messy and all over the place c. despite this huge difference and despite some pretty major troubles in our 20 odd year marriage, we’re still here together, living and working and growing through it all ❤
I like Valentine’s Day as much as the next cynical person. I will bitch and moan about how it’s a made up BS “holiday” all the while happily going out for heart shaped pizza with my love.
One thing I am rather rabid about though, is self love.
I like to use this day to check in on myself and my progress, in what is my most important relationship. Me + Me.
The relationship I have with myself is evolving and improving every day. I didn’t always have the best love for me and some days I’m better at it than others but I’ve learned to never give up on myself. I hope this reminder post to myself and the memes and quotes I’m going to spam you with, encourages the same, in you.