since the last time I did this exercise which was in November of 2019.
1. People ARE fantasically creative helpers. Sure, there are a few bad apples but mostly we are all decent human beings. Here is an excellent written piece that covers it all in greater detail. I touched on this in March but it bears repeating : A Pandemic restored my faith in humanity! We can do good and we ARE doing good. I just love us!
2. I have a lot of specific skills that were sure under appreciated by both my former self and society. But wow, those skills are valuable now!
3. Bergamot is a fruit! I somehow thought it was an herb or a root…I had no clue that it was a citrus fruit until I went searching to buy some to add to my tea. Too funny!
4. You can make yeast out of so many things! Potatoes…dried fruit…I’ll be giving this all a try in the coming days. And posting it all here of course!
5. I’m an introvert so while extroverts were freaking about not being so social anymore, I was laughing. I was BORN FOR THIS! I haven’t suffered nearly as much as my more extroverted peers. But then as the weeks passed, I noticed that I was REALLY looking forward to grocery shopping. I was extra,extra chatty with the poor cashiers and other shoppers. I realized this: I still need human interaction. Fuck! My social needs for other humans may be less than other people. But I still need them. Shocking.
6. Whisky and Pepsi is as good as Rye and Coke. The Pepsi is light tasting enough so as to not over power the whisky. Plus it doesn’t go sickly sweet when it warms over time. I have always been a firm Coca Cola girl but ya know…Pepsi has its place.
7. My boy is climbing his mountain of recovery with determination and good humour. I feel like its safe for me to meet him where he is and walk alongside him now. ❤
How about you? What have you learned lately?
since the last time I did this little exercise!
1. I know what I want to be when I grow up!! A consistently warm and friendly person with superb social skills, who makes people feel safe and valued in all interactions.
2. The thru hiker community is AMAZING! I’m not even hiking a thru hike and I’m meeting the nicest, most supportive people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing, in my life!
3. I am a hard ass about a lot of things. And sometimes I use “integrity” as a high and mighty excuse for that flaw. It’s fine to be rigid about some things but its a good idea to question yourself sometimes to make sure you’re being rigid about things that really matter and not just things that trigger your fear and ego.
4. Vanilla Chai Latte’s from Tim Hortons are really good! I was worried they’d be lacklustre but they are pretty tasty indeed. If you don’t want to pay the dollars, you can easily make one at home. Make some chai with half water/milk. Sweeten to taste. Add a splash of vanilla. Heat and whizz up some milk, float on top and finish with a sprinkle of the chai spices of your choice!
5. Homemade soup is the way to go. I mean, I KNOW this, but it’s always seemed easier to just open up a can and heat it up. I don’t think I can do this anymore. I made Split Pea and Ham Soup the other day in my crockpot and it was ten times better than canned. AND it took hardly any effort at all. I mean sure, I made stock from the bone and picked off the meat but the reward was worth it in the end. I chopped a few things and then let it all cook away until a glorious -but ugly, sorry no photos- thing was born.
Now I’ve got servings and servings of homey goodness in the freezer, just waiting for me ❤ I think I’ll try my hand at Italian Wedding Soup next…Do you have a favourite soup recipe to share?
|How about you? Have you learned anything new lately?