since the last time I did this exercise which was in November of 2019.
1. People ARE fantasically creative helpers. Sure, there are a few bad apples but mostly we are all decent human beings. Here is an excellent written piece that covers it all in greater detail. I touched on this in March but it bears repeating : A Pandemic restored my faith in humanity! We can do good and we ARE doing good. I just love us!
2. I have a lot of specific skills that were sure under appreciated by both my former self and society. But wow, those skills are valuable now!
3. Bergamot is a fruit! I somehow thought it was an herb or a root…I had no clue that it was a citrus fruit until I went searching to buy some to add to my tea. Too funny!
4. You can make yeast out of so many things! Potatoes…dried fruit…I’ll be giving this all a try in the coming days. And posting it all here of course!
5. I’m an introvert so while extroverts were freaking about not being so social anymore, I was laughing. I was BORN FOR THIS! I haven’t suffered nearly as much as my more extroverted peers. But then as the weeks passed, I noticed that I was REALLY looking forward to grocery shopping. I was extra,extra chatty with the poor cashiers and other shoppers. I realized this: I still need human interaction. Fuck! My social needs for other humans may be less than other people. But I still need them. Shocking.
6. Whisky and Pepsi is as good as Rye and Coke. The Pepsi is light tasting enough so as to not over power the whisky. Plus it doesn’t go sickly sweet when it warms over time. I have always been a firm Coca Cola girl but ya know…Pepsi has its place.
7. My boy is climbing his mountain of recovery with determination and good humour. I feel like its safe for me to meet him where he is and walk alongside him now. ❤
How about you? What have you learned lately?