Of all the little things they love!
- Being woken by a storm in the morning.
- When my Crow friends seek me out in the window…
3. Racing the volatile June weather. Sometimes I make it home in time…sometimes I don’t!
4. Drying all my herbs and roots!
5. Spring flowers!
6. Making friends with wild Ravens:
7. Sitting comfortably outside to read my books, watch the sky or just be.
8. When everybody gets along and the general energy amongst all is good cheer.
9. Gigantic salads for dinner. This one HERE, was particularly good. Mind you I didn’t bother with slicing the lettuce into a slab- I chopped it up because who wants to fuss eating a salad with a freaking knife and fork!?- and the recipes says peaches but if you look at the recipes their very own photo shows nectarines… I used nectarines too!
10. Dorky hats. I didn’t buy this super cool fishing hat because I have a million floppy hats but still…floppy hats are just fun!
11. Getting good mail. Packages, surprise cheques, letters or cool catalogues.
12. Feeling the very wet underside of my little dog as she jumps all over me, after she’s been outside in the rain.
13. Having an animated chat with my daughter on the phone.
14. Funny texts from my son that tell me he’s come back to me. It seems I have my boy back. Not the drug addicted human but the boy I know and love.
15. My first moto ride of the season even if it was two hours TOO long and my body hurt for days, ha ha.
16. Hoop earrings I can close with a simple and satisfying click.
17. That compact feeling you get when you’ve been consistent with your core exercises and good posture.
18. Cat frog legs and toe beans!
19. The sun shining in my eyes at 930 PM (!!!!) forcing me to put my sunglasses on to read in my house, ha ha. I adore these nights leading to to Solstice. I stay up so late because I’m just not tired at my usual time with the sun still blaring away at me. This year I’m giving myself over to it. I’m letting myself fall into step with the cycles of the earth.
20. SOLSTICE!!! 95 days of Summer( here in the Northern hemisphere. )Well, technically sure. But in actuality…after these first few days these Summer days start getting shorter and the weather starts making it’s turn toward Autumn. Enjoy the sun and the warmer days while you still can. I don’t think I’ve worn shoes in weeks, ha ha, even with the rain. Do I sound negative? Not my intention! I’m trying to remind myself of the impermanence of all things and that I need to make the most of Summer while it’s here. Maybe that will help me come Autumn. Fingers crossed!
OK, now it’s your turn. Tell me, what are some of the little things you love?