We made it! Well, some of us. Its such a gift to live to see another day.
I honestly feel really uncomfortable saying that. I know for a fact a lot of people don’t think another day is a gift. Another day of suffering. Woohoo. *eye roll. Shelter, food and safety would be the real gift. Good health would be another.
I live with someone who thinks his life has gone on way too long and considers death, the real gift. The impulse to scold him or try and “inspire” him to change his mind is strong. I’ve since learned its actually pretty fucking hurtful, annoying and not the least bit helpful to do so. Not to mention totally disrespectful and reeking of my good privilege. Gah!
How’s this: If you’re happy and grateful to have another day, YAY! Let’s do this!
If having another day brings you nothing but sorrow and suffering. I’m sorry. May you be free from suffering. I love you.
You all know what camp I’m in! I am excited and grateful for another day, another week, another month , another year. Hopefully I get all those!
You see, I’ve got some plans 🙂 Some things I’m looking forward to.
- Its six months until Lune, my birthday month. One whole month devoted to Moi. An entire month of intentionally devoting my days to the joy of being me in this world. I highly recommend all people celebrate themselves this way. 1. its fun 2. the very act of doing so shows others that you know you are worthy of respect and love 3. you get to act the fool for a month and GET AWAY WITH IT 4. you totally deserve it! 5. It really fosters a loving relationship with yourself, over time. You might feel silly at first but it wont be long before you’re planning fucking trips to Europe for your 50th. 6. It spills out positively in other areas of your life.
- Planning my garden. I want to grown some more unusual -for me- things this year. And I cannot wait to eat the shit out of my asparagus patch ❤
- Being all creative. I’ve got an idea for some paintings and some bracelets and some scarves and some decorations and some rocks…
- Book Club! We’ve got some good books picked out and the ladies in the club are just the BEST. I’m excited to get to know them better. I’m excited for more fun and shenanigans!
- Mr. OV and Ms. Sassafras turn one and five. I’m excited to watch them as they grow and develop further.
- Walking and hiking in nicer weather. Our winter thus far has been lovely! If only people would CLEAR THE FUCKING ICE OFF THEIR SIDEWALKS! Ahem. Sorry. I’m looking forward to stress free walking and hikes in the woods.
- Our road trip to a little mountain town and a couple of zips on a coaster!
- Getting back on my Hubs motorcycle. It feels so good to zoom through the warm air with nothing between me and the sky but my clothing.
- All the little holidays and celebrations that are coming up.
- Family dinner, lunches and brunches.
- Meals out with friends.
- My big solo trip to one of my favourite places on Earth. Just me, my ocean and my trees. Back to my Sea Witch roots 🙂
- Opening up my big jar of good memories for the year.
- Becoming my own boss. I mean I am, already. I just don’t get paid for it. Ha ha. I’m talking about earning all the moola as my own boss.
- More bird song. Kinda like more cow bell.
- Every new recipe I’m going to try.
- Every new drink the coffee places bring out this year.
- More time with the people who love me.
- The funny memes that make me laugh, the inspirational quotes that shore me up and the poems that empower me.
- The moments of wonder in Nature that stop me and fill my heart and soul.
- Lazy days of reading.
- Hectic days of doing ALL THE THINGS!
- Camping. Hopefully. If we get a new hoopty or fix the old one.
- Becoming stronger, stable and more bendy.
- Those weird little moments in life that make you think and feel.
Geesh! I could go on and on 🙂 Now, its your turn! What are you looking forward to?